Environmental Health, Personal Health, Public Health Administration and WIC

Public Health and Legislative Building
Location - 314 W. Main Street (Rose Street Entrance)
Mail - P.O. Box 1753
Walla Walla, WA  99362

Contact Information
Phone  509.524.2650
Fax       509.524.2678

WIC Contact Information
Phone  509.524.2680
Fax       509.524.2681

Office Hours
Mon-Tue-Wed  8:00 - 5:00
Thurs   9:00 - 5:00
Fri  8:00 - 5:00
Closed 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM

Environmental Health

Forms & Publications


Walla Walla County Health Department Water Lab Closes

Walla Walla County Health Department has closed its Drinking Water Laboratory effective August 31, 2011.  As of September 1, 2011, drinking water samples for coliform bacteria and nitrate analyses will need to be submitted to another State-Accredited Drinking Water Laboratory.  Other state-accredited laboratories for drinking water analysis can be found on the internet at:http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/eap/labs/search.html .


Walla Walla County Health Department will continue to work closely with individual well owners, public water system operators, and the Washington State Department of Health on water system problems.  For information please contact the Environmental Health office at 310 W. Poplar, Suite 110, Walla Walla or call (509) 524-2662.

Solid Waste Advisory Commitee


Kiosks Now Available- Take online food training at the Health Department. Click here to read more

Online Food Worker Training


Food and Water Recreational Facilities InspectionsAvailable

Online at


Living Environment - Links about Radon

http://www.epa.gov/radon/pdfs/citizensguide.pdf  (English)

http://www.epa.gov/radon/pdfs/citizensguide_sp.pdf (Español)




*Animal Bites 

*Insect & Rodent Info

*Drinking Water *Pool Inspections *Food Inspections *School Inspections

*Illegal Drug Labs

*Septic Systems

*Indoor Air Quality *Solid Waste

County and State Laws Regarding Environmental Health

County Code of Walla Walla —

see “Title 8 - Health & Safety “

Washington Administrative Code (WAC) —

see “Title 246 - Department of Health”

Click HERE for a list of statutes/topics specific to Environmental Health

Revised Code of Washington (RCW) —

see “Title 59 - Landlord and Tenant”

see “Title 69 - Food and Beverage Establishment Workers’ Permits”