Harvey Crowder,Interim Director
Telephone:  509-524-2920
Confidential Fax:  509-524-2993
1520 Kelly Place,
Walla Walla, WA  99362  Map


Contact Information
P.O.  Box  1595
Walla Walla, WA 99362
E-Mail:  croberts@co.walla-walla.wa.us

Vision   To advocate and support both children and their caregivers by teaching  them lasting skills  to assist them in overcoming tomorrow’s adversities.

The Children’s Unit…  is committed to providing  Walla Walla’s children quality mental health care  ages four to seventeen.  The unit has four full time Master level mental health professionals.

Children who are eligible for outpatient mental health services and have a covered diagnosis will  receive brief or intensive therapy, wrap-around case management services, and if appropriate,  medication management services. 

Services are tailored to meet the needs of your child and  are fitted to your family.  An individualized treatment plan is developed in collaboration  with your child, the caregiver/s,  and any informal and formal support systems including schools, physicians and community professionals.

Frequently Asked Questions…

Question: How do I enroll my child in services?

Answer: Call us at 509-524-2920 and ask to schedule an intake appointment.

Question: Does my 13 year old have the right to say “no” to mental health services?

Answer:  Yes.  The Age of Consent in the State of Washington is thirteen.   Any child thirteen years or older  can decline treatment without the consent of their parent.  Please see:  Age of Consent-Outpatient Treatment of minors

Question: What does the average children’s therapist caseload look like?

Answer:   Clinicians carry a caseload between 25 and 30 individuals. 

Question:  What is the average length of time a child remains in service?

Answer: Each child’s presenting needs are different and as such the length of service is dependent upon many factors.  

Question:  What if my child does not meet Access to Care Standards.  What can I do?

Answer:  As a parent, you have the right to appeal your child’s denial.  If your child is 13 or older, they may appeal the decision on their own.   To appeal, contact one of the following:  Behavioral Health Care Organization, the Greater Columbia Behavioral Health or the Ombuds.