Michael Bates, Director
Walla Walla/Columbia Counties CASA Program
Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children
455 WEST ROSE STREET
WALLA WALLA, WA. 99362
For more information about becoming a CASA Volunteer, call us at (509) 524-2800 or e-mail: email@example.com. We are available from: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Be a strong advocate for an abused child, regardless of your own professional or educational background. Determine the most appropriate resolution for a child caught in the legal system. Recommend to the court a course of action that will focus on the child’s well-being. Ensure that educational and social services are working to meet the needs of the child. Guide the child to a safe and permanent home.
We give you the tools you need to succeed…
- Extensive training to advocate in court for abused and neglected children.
- Consistent back-up support.
- Independence to act.
- The power to influence life-changing court decisions.
- Request Application
- Submit Application
- Interview with Program Staff
- Background Check
- 30 hours of training from the National CASA manual
- Each CASA Trainee receives his/her own manual
- 10 hours of Courtroom observation
- 1 year of commitment to the program
- A volunteer can take one case or they can work multiple cases —- it really depends on the amount of time one individual can give.
- Volunteers spend about 10 hours per month on a case.
Volunteer Today - CASA Application