Michael Bates, Director
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Detention Center: Phone: 509-524-2825 Fax: 509-524-2837
- Visiting hours are 6:30-7:30 pm on Tuesdays for youth whose last name begins with A-L.
- For youth whose last name begins with M-Z visiting is on Thursdays from 6:30- 7:30 pm.
- Visitation is also available for all detainees on Saturdays from 9:00-10:00 am.
- Phone Cards
- Phone cards are non - refundable.
- Phone cards may only be purchased during office hours.
- You may purchase phone cards for $10 (we do not give change)
- Juveniles have the right to refuse any visit not required by Court Order.
- Please have PHOTO ID ready to show to Detention Staff.
- Detention Lead Officers have the authority to veto or terminate visits if the visit compromises the safety and security of the faculty, juveniles, or staff.
- The opportunity to visit will be denied any visitor who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Profane and /or threatening behavior and behavior which is disruptive to others is not permitted and will result in the termination of the visit and the possible loss of visiting privileges.
- Visitors sign in on the Visitor’s Log. This will indicate that they understand and agree to abide by the visitation rules.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in visiting areas
- Visitors may not wear shorts, tank tops, open toed shoes or hats.
- No cell phones or electronic devices of any kind are permitted in visiting areas.
- There is a maximum of 3 visitors per visit.
- Visiting hours will be assigned on a “first come, first served” basis. If the number of visitors exceeds the number of visiting rooms available, visitors will be placed on a waiting list and will be accommodated as soon as a visiting room becomes available. If visitors are placed on a waiting list, then visits will be limited to fifteen (15) minutes.
- INtoxicants, controlled substances, and any object which could be used as a weapon or as part of an escape attempt are not permitted in the visitation area.
- Use of tobacco products in the visitation is prohibited.
- Only parents and/or legal guardians may visit; other relatives may visit after prior approval of both the juvenile’s probation officer and the Lead Officer on duty.
- Visitors may be searched if Detention staff have reason to believe they are in possession of weapons or contraband. Visitors refusing to be searched will be denied visitation. It is a felony (RCW: 9A.76.140) to introduce contraband into this Facility.