Office Hours 8:00AM - 5:00 PM
Walla Walla County Sheriff's Office
John W. King , Commanding Officer of Operations Division
|Patrol & Investigations||Missing Persons/Runaways||Crime Prevention Brochures|
|Most Wanted||Search and Rescue||Fallen Heroes|
|Sex Offender Information||Employment Opportunities||History|
The annual crime statistics publication, Crime In Washington 2013, is now available on the WASPC website. It’s located at www.waspc.org, under Programs, Projects & Services > Crime Statistics (NIBRS / UCR) > Statistics & Reports, or click on this link: https://www.waspc.org/stage.dll/$/start/?scb=2&pid=222.
Regarding crime statistics for law enforcement agencies, please remember:
- The National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS) and the Summary Reporting System are different reporting methods; both are considered to be Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR).
- NIBRS is replacing Summary Reporting so once a law enforcement agency converts to NIBRS, statistics submitted via NIBRS cannot be compared to the Summary-submitted statistics: The method of collection is vastly different.
- The WWSO converted to NIBRS reporting during the last six months of 2011.
- This report represents the NIBRS data base as of February 28, 2014. NIBRS data is fluid and changes whenever there is an incident update in the local records management system.
- Until our state is 100% NIBRS for at least two (2) years, WASPC is unable to provide comparative “trends” for all offenses.