We are currently recruiting for new Community Health Advisory Board Members! Time commitments to this board include one afternoon board meeting per month (usually the second Thursday of the month). Board members must be residents of Walla Walla County, be willing to attend monthly afternoon board meetings, and have no personal financial interest in County funded programs or other potential conflict of interest (i.e. employee of County contracted provider). Learn more and access the application here. Completed applications must be returned to the county commissioners' office by July 19th, 2019.History
The CHAB is a formal community member advisory board, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, for the Department of Community Health (DCH). Formerly known as the Human Services Advisory Board, the CHAB advises and helps to inform DCH programs it is responsible for overseeing, including, but not limited to:
- Access to Affordable Care
- Behavioral Health
- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Developmental Disabilities (Walla Walla and Columbia Counties)
- Housing and Homelessness
- Maternal and Child Health
- Outreach and Communication
- Advise and make recommendations on community priorities and provide a framework in decision-making to the Walla Walla and Columbia Boards of County Commissioners through the Director of Community Health
- Act as a community voice and catalyst for change in the counties served
- Identify gaps in service
- Represent the community
The CHAB is a multi-sector board with representations from all stakeholders addressing social determinants of health (housing, education, social services), healthcare, business, legal, communication, and others.
There are three standing CHAB committees that meet monthly: developmental disabilities, housing, and behavioral health. For a full list of committees and members: insert link to CHAB Committee Membership.
If you are interested in becoming a member of CHAB, or serving on a committee, please email: email@example.com.Members
- Doug Logan, Chair – Community Representative
- Dewann Bach – Behavioral Health
- Gary Hurwitz – Medical Provider
- Norm Osterman – Community Representative
- Craig Richards – Business
- Norman Thiel – Social Services
- Darya Tucker – Community Representative
- Nathan Viavant – Legal
- Craig Volwiler – Community Representative
- Alisha Walker – Developmental Disabilities (Walla Walla County)
- Jeanne Walter – Developmental Disabilities (Columbia County)
CHAB Meetings are the SECOND THURSDAY of the month at 3:30pm at SonBridge.
Access meeting materials here.
For information about CHAB Committees and meeting times, click here.
Developmental Disabilities Subcommittee
In accordance with RCW 1A.14.020 County Developmental Disability Boards
(1) The county governing authority of any county may appoint a developmental disability board to plan services for persons with developmental disabilities, to provide directly or indirectly a continuum of care and services to persons with developmental disabilities within the county or counties served by the community board. The governing authorities of more than one county by joint action may appoint a single developmental disability board. Nothing in this section shall prohibit a county or counties from combining the developmental disability board with another county board, such as a mental health board.
(2) Members appointed to the board shall include but not be limited to representatives of public, private, or voluntary agencies, representatives of local governmental units, and citizens knowledgeable about developmental disabilities or interested in services to persons with developmental disabilities in the community.
(3) The board shall consist of not less than nine nor more than fifteen members.
(4) Members shall be appointed for terms of three years and until their successors are appointed and qualified.
(5) The members of the developmental disability board shall not be compensated for the performance of their duties as members of the board, but may be paid subsistence rates and mileage in the amounts prescribed by RCW 42.24.090.
The purpose of the Walla Walla County and Columbia County Developmental Disabilities Sub-Committees is to identify barriers to and/or gaps in services and work to improve the lives of people with developmental disabilities in our communities.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Developmental Disabilities Sub-Committee please email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMembers
Walla Walla Developmental Disabilities Sub-Committee Members:
- Alisha Walker, Chair
- Nancy Riggle
- Cyndy Knight
- Amanda Hinrichs
- Kate Propst
- Sherrill Clark
- Libby McCaw
- Shamra Baez
- Cindy Wolski
- Jeanne Walter, Chair
- Alicia Walker
- Martina Paris-Fully
- Malinda Lambert
- Heather Linn
- Tyler Cooper
- Estasia Collins
- Cyndy Knight
- Cindy Wolski
Walla Walla DD Sub-Committee Meetings are the FIRST FRIDAY at 3:00 pm at the Valley Residential Services, 240 Bush Street, Walla Walla, WA.
Columbia County DD Sub-Committee Meetings are the FOURTH THURSDAY at 2:00 pm at the Delany Building, Public Library, 111 S. 3rd Street, Dayton, WA.
Return to top
|05/09/19 May 2019 Meeting||Agenda|
|04/11/19 April 2019 Meeting||Agenda|
|03/14/19 March 2019 Meeting||Agenda Packet|
|02/14/19 February 2019 Meeting||Agenda Packet|
|01/14/19 January 2019 Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|03/01/19 March 2019 Meeting||Minutes|