You can find a listing of assistance, social services, health care, and other services in the "Where Do I Go For Help?" brochure for people living in Walla Walla, Columbia, and Umatilla Counties. There is also a Spanish version available.
For additional information about resources specific to our community, please visit One Walla Walla List (OWWL)
It’s getting easier. Do it all online:
- Visit here for online birth control, PrEP, HPV screening, and/or the morning-after pill right to your door in discrete packaging. They even accept insurance. Want more choices? Click here for a list of online agencies offering birth control discretely to your doorstep. Many take insurance.
- Looking especially for HIV testing, prevention, pre- and post-exposure medicine, and treatment? Visit End AIDS Washington, our very own state organization to hook folks up with the HIV resources they need.
- Hepatitis C “cure” is for real. Read more about Washington’s novel approach to eliminate Hepatitis C in Washington State by 2030, or ask your doctor today about getting on the 8-24 week antiviral combo treatment and become Hepatitis C free (even if you were diagnosed years ago!)
- Pregnant? Not sure? Need help? Resources including free pregnancy testing, maternity clothes, baby clothes, and other maternal, baby, and pregnancy related items, from baby blankets to prenatal care and other referrals. Visit Birthright to access this and much more, or stop by their house Mon-Fri from 12-4p (3p on Wednesdays) at 609 W Birch St, across from the Ice Berg.
If it is an emergency, go to your nearest ER/ED (Providence St Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla County)
Have insurance? Check here first:
- Your regular doctor. They can do more than you might think. If they are not able to see you right away, try these clinics for faster service:
- Planned Parenthood: Call 509-207-3017 to schedule an appointment. Currently open Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 8:45a-6p. Not just for the ladies anymore. Location on 1st Ave next to Harvest Foods.
- Providence Express Care: 888-227-3312 (Open 8a-8p 7 days/week). Call to reserve your time slot during the day so you don’t have to wait. Two locations: College Place location across from Walmart. Eastgate location in same plaza with Staples and Albertsons.
- Providence Urgent Care: 509-897-3000 (Open 8a-8p 7 days/week). Location on 2nd Ave in old Walla Walla General Hospital ER. Walk-in, first come first served.
- Walla Walla Clinic Walk-in Clinic: 509-525-3720. Location at 55 W Tietan St. Open Mon-Thurs 8a-8p. Fri 8a-5p. Sat & Sun 9a-5p. Walk-in, first come first served.
- Have insurance, need a regular doctor? Call one of these clinics:
- SOS Medical Services/SonBridge Clinic is a walk-in, first come first served clinic open Monday evenings from 5p-7p and Wednesday afternoons from 3p-5p. Free. They also offer much more than just a free clinic. Visit their website
- Need to sign up?
- Open enrollment begins November 1 and runs through December 15, 2019
- Follow the instructions under “Apple Health Insurance Assistance.” To sign up for health insurance, start with the website listed (www.wahealthplanfinder.org) or call the number (855-923-4633) if phone is preferred. Apple Health is Washington State’s name for its state Medicaid insurance, and wahealthplanfinder.org is the state-run insurance portal for folks to access and sign up for medical insurance available to them in Washington.
- Call Family Medical Center at 509-525-6650 to schedule an appointment with an insurance navigator, who can sign you up for Medicaid and a primary care physician at the same time.
- If you have been admitted to the hospital, Providence St. Mary has their own in-house navigator to assist you with insurance 509-525-3320
- Don’t qualify for Medicaid and still need insurance?
- Call an insurance broker for assistance
- Aside from SonBridge Clinic’s free services, Planned Parenthood offers a sliding scale. Providence as well as Walla Walla Clinic have an application for financial assistance you can fill out, and they also have extended payment plan options. Walla Walla Clinic also offers discounted rates for uninsured folks.
- Blue Mountain Heart 2 Heart offers free HIV and Hepatitis C testing, as well as Walla Walla County’s only Syringe Service Program. They are open 8-5, Mon-Thursday, closed for lunch 12-1. Location at 1520 Kelly Place, across from the dog park near Fort Walla Walla and the Hampton Inn. Learn more . Blue Mountain Action Council (BMAC) is in the same building, and they offer excellent resources for our community as well. Stop by their office to ask about what services you can access while you are there, and read more about them here.
- Visit: http://www.wahealthplanfinder.org, Washington State’s website for health insurance. Sign yourself and your family up for health insurance today!
An “insurance navigator” can assist you if the process becomes complicated.
2019-2020 Flu Season isn't fully upon us yet, but when it's time to get your flu shot:
- Visit Providence Express Care in College Place by Walmart, 1705 SE Meadowbrook St, or out in the Eastgate Plaza near Albertsons and Staples, 509 N Wilbur Ave. Call 888-227-3312 to reserve your time slot so you don’t have to wait. Insurance can be billed, or they are usually about $30.
- The pharmacies in Albertsons, BiMart, Rite Aid, both Safeways, Walgreens, and Walmart, and Elk Drug in Dayton, all offer seasonal flu shots, and can bill insurance. FYI: Molina insurance will not work at Walgreens.
- Providence St Mary Medical Center offers the community an annual free flu vaccine drive-thru, usually about mid-October. Stay tuned for 2019 details!
More questions? Call our nurse at 509-524-2650
Health InsuranceApple Health Insurance Assistance
- Apply online today at www.wahealthplanfinder.org
- Apply over the phone 855-923-4633
- If you have had Apple Health and need assistance reapplying or making a change contact Leslie at 360-819-0460
Family Medical Center
If you are looking to establish care at Family Medical Center, they have navigators ready to assist you:
1120 W Rose St
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Providence St. Mary Medical Center
If you are receiving care at Providence, they have navigators to assist you:
401 W Poplar St
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Insurance brokers who can assist in applying for the first time:
McDonald Zaring Insurance
22 E Main St.
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Todd Bauman - State Farm Insurance
John Thunnell - Simmons Agency Inc.