Here at Community Health we desire for children and youth of all ages and abilities to thrive. That is why we offer CYSHCN services to families in our community. All families that have a child or youth with any type of special health care need are eligible for services. Please see below for more information and details about this program.
What it is: A nurse is available to help connect you to local resources & supports, find financial assistance for your child’s health related needs and help to coordinate appointments and care.
Who is it for: Families who have children age 0-18 years old that are at risk for or have a health/developmental condition. Services are free and provided regardless of income.
Where is it located: We can visit in your home or our office - 314 W. Main Street, Walla Walla (Entrance on Rose street).Why: There are situations where we may know about or have access to resources and supports that you are either not aware of or don’t have access to so if you have questions regarding your child’s care/needs and can’t find the answer please feel free to give me a call, text or e-mail.
How: Call or text Amanda Hinrichs at 509-520-2445 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.orgIf your child is needing adaptive equipment, assistive technology, sensory tools, assistance with lodging for out of area medical procedures or other related needs check out our Family Assistance Program Overview and fill out the intake form here.
- Walla Walla Valley Disability Network - information on ages & stages, diagnosis, support and more
- Parent to Parent - parents using journies and experiences to support other parents of children that have special needs
- Walla Walla University Adaptive Toy Program – providing adapted toys for children with special needs
- CYSHCN Resource List (English)
- CYSHCN Resource List (Spanish)
- Developmental Disability Resources
- For additional maternal, child, and family health resources, visit our Maternal Child Health page.