- The CYSHCN program is a federally and state-funded title V Maternal-Child Health Bureau program offered through Walla Walla County Department of Community Health.
- A public health nurse is available to provide family support through:
- Care coordination
- Linking families to health care and community resources
- Finding financial assistance for the child’s health related needs
- Listening to concerns
- Providing information about the child’s health condition
- Providing developmental screenings (ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2) and referral as needed
- Helping to find and assist with coordinating a network of services and medical/behavioral health providers
- Children, birth to 18 years, who have, or who are at risk of developing, serious chronic physical, developmental, behavioral, or emotional conditions.
- Services are offered to families regardless of income and can be provided in the home, clinic or on the phone. Families are not charged for services provided.
- Referrals can be made by families, schools, medical providers, and any other person working with the family. Please call the CYSHCN coordinator at the phone number listed below or you can fax records/referrals to 509-524-2678.
Amanda Hinrichs RN
Phone # 509-524-2658
Fax # 509-524-2678
- ParentHelp123 -information on health care benefits, child development, breastfeeding and immunizations
- Walla Walla Valley Disability Network - information on ages & stages, diagnosis, support and more
- Parent to Parent - parents using journies and experiences to support other parents of children that have special needs
- Walla Walla University Adaptive Toy Program – providing adapted toys for children with special needs