Any individual accessing, browsing and using a Walla Walla County Department of Community Health Social Media site accepts without limitation or qualification, Walla Walla County Department of Community Health Social Media Policies (hereafter "Policies"). These terms and conditions apply only to the Social Media sites (defined here as third party hosted online technologies that facilitate social interaction and dialogue, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) that are managed by Walla Walla County Department of Community Health (hereafter “WWCDCH”). WWCDCH maintains the right to modify these Policies without notice. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting the modification on the Social Media Policy page unless otherwise stated. Continued use of a WWCDCH Social Media site following the posting of any modification signifies acceptance of such modification.
WWCDCH operates and maintains its Social Media sites as a public service to provide information about disaster preparedness and response, county programs, services, projects, issues, events and activities. WWCDCH assumes no liability for any inaccuracies these Social Media sites may contain and does not guarantee that the Social Media sites will be uninterrupted, permanent, or error-free.
B. Posts PolicyAlthough we encourage posts and comments on WWCDCH Social Media sites that allow posts, these sites are limited public forums and are moderated by county Department of Community Health staff. All posted content (comments, photos, links, etc.) must be related to the topic at hand. The following are prohibited on WWCDCH Social Media sites:
- Comments not topically related to the particular post being commented upon;
- Posts and comments that promote or advertise commercial services, entities or;
- Political statements, including comments that endorse or oppose political candidates or ballot propositions, are prohibited under state law (RCW 42.52.180);
- Posts and comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Posts and comments that include vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language or personal attacks ;
- Obscene or sexual content or links to obscene or sexual content;
- Illegal activity or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Comments from children under 13 cannot be posted in order to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. By posting on a WWCDCH social media site, users acknowledge that they are at least 13 years old. Those 12 years old or younger may e-mail WWCDCH instead (email@example.com);
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, including copyright or trademark interests; or
- Anonymous posts.
WWCDCH reserves the right to remove posted content that does not comply with these Policies. All posts and comments uploaded to WWCDCH Social Media sites that allow posts will be periodically reviewed. All posts and comments are public records subject to public disclosure under the Public Records Act and the retention periods set by the State of Washington.
Communications made through WWCDCH Social Media sites in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to WWCDCH. (For example, a post or comment that asks for public records will not be considered a public records request under RCW 42.56.) To comment about a WWCDCH project or program, please contact Walla Walla County Department of Community Health.C. Links Policy
1. Links to other Social Media Sites and External Websites Provided on WWCDCH Social Media Sites
WWCDCH may select links to other Social Media sites and outside websites that offer helpful resources for users. Once an individual links to another page or site, the WWCDCH Policies no longer apply and you become subject to the policies of that page or site. WWCDCH 's Social Media sites are intended specifically to share information about community health, county programs, events and services. Walla Walla County Department of Community Health is not responsible for the content that appears on these outside links and provides these links as a convenience only. Users should be aware that these external pages and sites and the information found on those pages and sites are not controlled by, provided by or endorsed by WWCDCH. WWCDCH reserves the right to delete links posted by outside individuals that violate the WWCDCH Policy at any time without notice.
2. Links by Other Entities to WWCDCH Social Media Sites
It is not necessary to get advance permission to link to WWCDCH Social Media sites; however, entities and individuals linking to WWCDCH Social Media sites may not capture any of the WWCDCH Media sites within frames, present WWCDCH content as their own or otherwise misrepresent any of the WWCDCH’s Social Media site content. Furthermore, they shall not misinform users about the origin or ownership of WWCDCH Social Media site content. Links to WWCDCH Social Media sites should not in any way suggest that WWCDCH has any relationship or affiliation with that organization or that WWCDCH endorses, sponsors or recommends the information, products or services of that site.
D. Copyright Policy
Commercial use of text, WWCDCH logo, Walla Walla County logo, photos and other graphics is prohibited without the express written permission of WWCDCH. Use of the WWCDCH or Walla Walla County logo is prohibited for any non-governmental purpose. Any person reproducing or redistributing a third-party copyright must adhere to the terms and conditions of the third-party copyright holder. If you are a copyright holder and you feel that WWCDCH did not use an appropriate credit line please notify WWCDCH with detailed information about the circumstances, so that the copyright information can be added or the material in question can be removed.
E. Contact Us
*This Social Media Policy was created based on policies created by the City of Bothell, Washington.
Dated: June 11, 2019