For Birth records only, checks are accepted with a 3-week holding period. Birth Certificates are made daily from 8-11am and 1-4pm. Death certificates are made daily. If you requested the Birth certificate to be mailed, it will be put in the mail the following day. If you do not receive the Certificate within a week, please call 509-524-2650. There might be a problem in issuing the Certificate. If you requested to pick up the Certificate at this office, you will need to have either the receipt with you when picking it up or Picture ID – a certificate in this situation will only be given to the person who ordered it. Unclaimed Applications and Certificates become void after one (1) year.
Who to Contact for Vital RecordsBIRTH CERTIFICATES
A Washington State Birth Certificate can be obtained from: Any county in Washington State or the Washington Department of Health (DOH)
- For records from July 1, 1907 to present: You can order through the Center for Health Statistics http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/BirthDeathMarriageandDivorce/OrderCertificates
- For records from July 1, 1907 to present you can order through: Walla Walla County Department of Community Health 509-524-2650 Download Birth Certificate Application CLICK HERE for a fillable PDF
- For records before July 1, 1907 in Walla Walla County: You need to contact the Washington Eastern Regional Archives Office http://www.secstate.wa.gov/archives/archives_eastern.aspx
- For records since May 1, 2013, please contact us at 509-524-2650.
- For records dated July 1, 1907 to April 30, 2013: order through the: Center for Health Statistics http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/BirthDeathMarriageandDivorce/OrderCertificate
- For records dated before July 1, 1907 please contact: Washington Eastern Regional Archives Office http://www.secstate.wa.gov/archives/archives_eastern.aspx Download Death Certificate Application CLICK HERE
To Request Birth and Death Certificates by Mail:
- Complete and print the application for Birth Certificates: CLICK HERE FOR AN ONLINE FILLABLE BIRTH CERTIFICATE FORM
- Print and complete the application for Death Certificates (this form is not fillable): CLICK HERE TO PRINT A DEATH CERTIFICATE FORM
- Enclose a Money order for $20.00 for each copy requested. For Birth records only, checks will be accepted with a 3-week hold. NO Checks are accepted for Death Records. A $5.00 fee will be charged for mailing, effective January 1, 2012.
- Mail completed application and payment to:
To Request by Phone:
Phone requests are only taken for non-local residents; a valid Visa or Master Card will be accepted and the information will be taken when the call is made. Payment is due when an order is placed. To Request in Person: You may come in and request a Birth or Current Death certificate in person. Method of payment upon ordering is Visa/ Master Card, and Cash. For Birth records only, checks will be accepted with a 3-week delay. NO Checks for Death Records.