Walla Walla/Columbia County
Pathways Back School Program
Donna Coffeen at 509-524-2824.
Pathways Back is a GED program that hold classes 3 days a week, with online access 24/7. It is for students who are involved in court proceedings and is also available to Open Door Enrollees who reside in either Walla Walla or Dayton.
Who may attend?
- Students between the ages of 16-21.
- Meet entrance requirements and assessments that show a GED is the best option for the student.
- Have not had success in a traditional school.
Pathways Back Believes:
- Every student is a unique individual and should be exposed to a specialized instructional approach, according to his/her intellectual, social, physical, and emotional requirements.
- Every student should be encouraged to mature intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
- Individualized assessment will be used to supplement traditional measurements of achievement in helping make ongoing instructional decisions that best meet the student’s learning style.
- Effective schools promote an environment where students are encouraged to assume responsibility for themselves and others, as well as enhance social development, while engaging in purposeful learning activities.
- A safe, orderly, and physically comfortable environment is essential for learning.
- A student’s understanding of different people, cultures, and his or herself is critical to the student’s ability to positively contribute to our community.
- A student reaches his/her full potential through the cooperative efforts of the school, family, and the entire community.
- A student needs to learn to be adaptable in a changing world.