Alien Firearms License


Alien Firearms License

Information on applying for an Alien Firearms Licenses can be found here.

Click here for a copy of the application

Applying for a New License

The initial application process takes around 30 minutes. When you apply the following is required:

  • You must be 21 years of age or older.
  • You must be a legal temporary (non-immigrant) resident alien residing in Washington State.
  • You must live in Walla Walla County.
  • You need to have picture ID (a Washington State Drivers License or ID card, as well as immigration documents, including passport and/or visa.)
  • There is a fee of $95.25.
  • Valid Washington State hunting license, or documentation of membership in a sport shooting club.

Renewing an Alien Firearms License

There is no renewal process for an Alien Firearms License. The term of an Alien Firearms License is two (2) years. Upon expiration, a new application must be submitted.

Replacing an Alien Firearms License

Replacing your lost, stolen or destroyed Alien Firearms License can only be done in person. To receive a replacement license, you will need to bring your picture ID. There is a $10 replacement fee for this service. Please note that replacement license will have the same expiration date as the original license.

For more information about firearms law:
If you would like to obtain more information pertaining to state firearms law, call the Department of Licensing in Olympia at (360) 664-6616.  You may also write to:

Department of Licensing
Firearms Unit
PO Box 9469
Olympia, WA 98504-9649 

For questions regarding federal law pertaining to firearms, or if you would like to obtain a copy of Federal Firearms Regulations, please write or call: 

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
915 2nd Ave, Room 790
Seattle, WA 98174
(206) 389-6800

For additional information, please select this link