Public Records

Public Records Office  Contact Information 
 315 W Main - Room 102 E-mail: 
 PO Box 1506 
Walla Walla, WA 99362  Phone  509-524-2604 

Office Hours:
8:00 am - 5:00  pm Monday - Friday
Inspection Hours:

9:00 am- 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday


Update to Public Records Requests Under Governor's Proclamation 20-28:

Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 20-28 (and its extensions), effective March 24, 2020, all public agencies must still respond to Public Records Act (RCW 42.56) requests during the COVID-19 outbreak.


  • Proclamation 20-28 temporarily suspends Public Records Act (PRA) language requiring agencies to provide an ability for the public to conduct PRA business at an agency office, in-person, such as in-person inspection of records or in-person submission of PRA requests;
  • Proclamation 20-28 also temporarily suspends the PRA requirement that agency offices must be open for public inspection and copying of public records for a minimum of 30 hours per week. Agencies must still have their hours posted on their websites (Walla Walla County office hours are available here, on office websites, or by calling the office you wish to contact); and
  • Proclamation 20-28 also temporarily suspends the PRA requirement that agencies respond to PRA requests submitted, other than electronically, by within five (5) business days.

 Walla Walla County is committed to responding to and fulfilling public records requests in a timely and efficient manner.

 To view all the official proclamations from Governor Jay Inslee, visit

Please review the list below to determine the appropriate public records contact:

For Birth and Death Certificates, Immunization Records:
Online ordering from Vital Records :: Washington State Department of Health or request in person from
Walla Walla County Department of Community Health.
(509) 524-2650

For marriage licenses, deeds, military discharge papers, real estate documents, maps or surveys:
Walla Walla County Auditor’s Office
Online search for records
(509) 524-2549

For Criminal, Civil, Domestic/Divorce, Probate, Juvenile Offender, Passport or any other legal document filed in Walla Walla County Superior Court:
Walla Walla County Clerk’s Office

For Criminal, Civil or any other legal document filed in Walla Walla District Court:
Walla Walla County District Court

For Property Records:
Property tax information - Walla Walla County Assessor's Office
Construction records - Walla Walla Community Development Department

All other Public Record Requests will be sent to the Walla Walla County Public Records Officer using this portal